question

ghostofmata avatar image
ghostofmata asked

PlayFabEconomyAPI.SearchItems with hundred of item in catalog

hello i want to ask about PlayFabEconomyAPI.SearchItems,in documentation it said that limit page size is 50,i confuse that terms is for 50 item or page?, i wonder why you use "page" terms, not "item", i think if in one page it contain 100 item, so if max page is 50 you can get 50x100 item = 5000 items in single api call, but apparently it refer to 50 items terms right ?

so i have question in case what if in my game have hundres items in catalog, for example i have 500 items in catalog,i want to get all item on my catalog, if limit 50 item in single api call, so do i must call 500/50 = 10x API ?, or do you have any suggestion ?, thank you

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Sorry for the misunderstanding, the documentation does have some ambiguity about the "Maximum page size is 50", it should mean that a maximum of 50 items can be displayed on a page. If you want to retrieve more than 50 items, you need to make additional API calls using the ContinuationToken (which provided in the response) to retrieve the next page of items. And as you mentioned, if you have 500 items in the catalog, you need to call the API at least 10 times to retrieve all items, because up to 50 items can be retrieved in a single API call.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.