question

luitelrubin avatar image
luitelrubin asked

How to sync playfab data with client

I am currently granting player items from server side using azure functions but I am confused how this data can be synced with the client. I could repeat the same code client side and keep it in sync but that can get very messy. Is it ideal to make api calls again from client side to get updated inventory data? Is there a proper way of doing this without spending too much time waiting on api calls?

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

You can use client api: Get User Inventory to get the newest inventory, this may be easier to achieve but may cost more time if you have plenty of items in inventory. If you call Azure functions in client side, you can put the granting player items’ result in the response and update the inventory by your client codes, this can avoid calling api.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.