question

Jonathan Crowe avatar image
Jonathan Crowe asked

Docker container running but status is pending heartbeat

Hey folks,

We've been trying to move our Playfab server build from Windows to Linux containers but we have and issue. It looks like the build is running correctly but can't communicate outside of the container.

If i SSH into the server i can grab the docker log which looks correct and shows the game waiting in the lobby area.

If i sudo docker ps i can see the container information. The ports looks correct but the IP address is 0.0.0.0. Is that expected?

I'm wondering if we are missing something simple in our set up.

Docker PS

• Commands: /game/KoalaServer.x86_64"

• Ports : 0.0.0.0:30000->8080/udp, 0.0.0.0:30001->8080/tcp

Docker File 6507-image.png

Server Details 6505-image.png

6506-image.png

[1]: /storage/attachments/6495-image.png

Custom Game Servers
image.png (87.5 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Pending heartbeat means something wrong with GSDK integration, so testing with LocalMultiplayerAgent will point this out. You may refer to Debug Container-based game servers using LocalMultiplayerAgent - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn to debug your game server locally with LocalMultiplayerAgent before deploying it. Also, you may refer to Connect directly to debug game servers - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn to connect directly to debug your game servers.

>> If i sudo docker ps i can see the container information. The ports look correct but the IP address is 0.0.0.0. Is that expected?

Yes, it is expected and default. In Docker, when you see an IP address of 0.0.0.0, which means that the Docker container will accept incoming connections from any IP address.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.