question

Abhishek Agrawal avatar image
Abhishek Agrawal asked

Should I store 'Title player account ID' as Player Title Data for easy access?

Hello, I am creating a game where I need to access player's Title player account ID often for making group api calls. Instead of making GetUserAccountInfo call every time I need the Title player account ID, I was wondering if its okay to save Title player account ID as player's Internal data during first login,

Since I am already fetching this internal data in most cases it will help to reduce the number of GetUserAccountInfo api calls.

My concern is that this internal data is shared with the users, and their group/clan mates. And so are there any security concerns if 'Title player account ID' is being exposed to the player and their friends/group members?

Thanks!

Player DataAccount Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

The client side don’t have access to the internal data, so your action won’t expose this to users. Normally, if Title player account ID is being exposed to other users, there is no security risks as long as your server has validation of the caller identity.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.