question

pdaz avatar image
pdaz asked

Delete player issue

Hi, I deleted player 7E0AEA9DE5818178 by hitting delete button in Game Manager. But it did not deleted it's statistics. This player is still in leaderboard. I tried to repeat action in Postman but it did not help.

Fix delete player in Game Manager or remove that button.

Title Id is 1941

game manager
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pdaz avatar image pdaz commented ·

Now I see that this player has disappeared from leaderboard.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 answered

Player deletion is not an instant action. A player consists of many things: stats, inventory, vc, characters, etc, and customData for all of the above. It takes a while to clean it all up. When you hit the button, it merely starts that process. Players with more data can take longer, and we don't guarantee how quickly it will happen.

Please let us know if you experience any other issues outside of what I describe above.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dale Strickler avatar image Dale Strickler commented ·

What about the admin API GetUserAccountInfo? So far, after I delete a player, this API call has return information for a very long time after the delete. Will this call return a user not found error at some point?

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul Gilmore avatar image Paul Gilmore Dale Strickler commented ·

Can you define "very long time"?

I can double check with a server engineer about how long deletion should take, but now that it's been a few hours, please check again.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dale Strickler avatar image Dale Strickler Paul Gilmore commented ·

Yes, it did delete. It was about 45 min when I checked and it was gone. It might have happened sooner but that was the next time I checked. Thanks. It is just good to know that it does go away at some point.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.