question

cadeng3ds avatar image
cadeng3ds asked

Shorten Match ID?

I want my match id to be 5 characters so other players can share the game code and have their friends join. Is it okay if I erase the end of the match ID string to make it 5 characters or can that result in duplicate rooms?

Matchmaking
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

cadeng3ds avatar image cadeng3ds commented ·

Saw an answer that said to use the String Equality Rule but I still don't understand

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Since match id is generated after the matchmaking is over, and players can't join the match via match id. Maybe what you want to shorten is the matchmaking ticket id. However, both the match id and the ticket id are all generated by the system for unique identification, it cannot be shortened. In addition, the “String equality rule” is used to make sure that the tickets can only be matched together when the string properties in tickets are the same, it should not be used to shorten the id. Could you tell us where you saw it can shorten the id length? If you want to play with your friends, you can call the API CreateMatchmakingTicket to create a matching ticket directly which includes your friends, and then your friends can call API JoinMatchmakingTicket to join it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.