question

Nikita Matusevich avatar image
Nikita Matusevich asked

Analytics for a custom microtransaction system.

Hi. I'm working on a game that I'm distributing on the Steam platform. I have Steam connected to my PlayFab to make micropayments with verification on the Playlab side. But I decided to create my own custom transaction verification system using CloudScript, because I am not satisfied that PlayFab does not give a choice for currency (only US dollars). I want to make purchases using different currencies of countries.

Also, not so long ago, I discovered that some players somehow cheat the internal verification on the PlayFab side and successfully receive the currency, although in fact their transaction was fraudulent. I plan to fix this with my custom transaction verification system.

My question is as follows: How can I use PlayFab's built-in analytics for transaction revenue in the "Analyze -> Data" tab and the "Overview" tab, as well as in the "Purchases (Legacy)" tab inside the player's data? I tried to manually trigger the "player_realmoney_purchase" event, passing there all the necessary data about the completed transaction (transaction amount, currency, item ID, and others) with the hope that this would automatically add the transaction to analytics, but this did not happen. Is there any way to manually do this? I like the built-in analytics of PlayFab and it is much more convenient than the analytics of Steam. I would like to continue using this.

Thanks.

apisCloudScriptIn-Game Economysupportanalytics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

Unfortunately, it’s not supported to use PlayFab's built-in analytics for transaction revenue separately.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.