question

george@thenuum.com avatar image
george@thenuum.com asked

Steam IAP through playfab

This is a VR title. I have followed the documentations to set up Playfab Identification and connecting the player to steam account when they login. That works. We have the addon working with our steam app in playfab.

I have sandbox enabled. I tested in the editor and I get user did not accept transaction. I thought it was due to the fact that I was in the editor and not on steam. I tried on steam and I get the same error, only now I did get the steam pop up.

I expected the steam pop up to appear in VR like it does on oculus. (Not a big deal if it doesn't) I assumed playfab would wait for the transaction to be completed. But it did not, it just went ahead and displayed the error. I set up the 3 parts based on the documentation. Forgot what they are called, Start Purchase, Set Purchase and Confirm Purchase? Confirm purchase seems to not wait for steam. I created all the callback, do I need to disable sandbox? What is the point of sandbox if I can't test? Do I need to set it to 0 RM to test for free?

6375-image.png

Player Inventory
image.png (108.6 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

As a result of the PayForPurchase call, PlayFab uses the web methods provided by Steam to initiate the purchase in that service. This causes the user to be presented with the purchase confirmation dialog via the Steam client. So, at the same time you’re getting the response to the Client API PayForPurchase call, the user is being asked to accept the payment. Have you confirmed the purchase on steam before calling the ConfirmPurchase API? You may refer to Non-Receipt Payment Processing in Economy (Legacy) - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.