question

Ben Snowden avatar image
Ben Snowden asked

Playfab Failing to call Azure Functions from Rules

Ive been experiencing a issue in my product where it seems that my azure function calls are not firing off.

Stack: Unity Playfab Azure Functions Azure DB (mongo Version)

Goal: When a game ends, the host sends match data to playfab triggering a rule that fires off 2 actions.

Action 1: Sends data to a azure function to be stored in our Azure DB

Action 2: Send the raw data to a discord webhook that I can see for debugging. (cloud script)

Things I can see.

~The action is being fired from the rule triggered by the user ~The rule is being triggered ~The discord call webbook is being called and working

~Nothing shows on the side of azure functions as failed or successful ~I am under all thresh hold limits ~seems to break during CCU spikes? ~Every time data makes it to the azure function it works.

Host calls a CustomPlayStreamEvent that carry's the json data I want from the match Using a Rule looking for that event, it triggers 2 actions, the execution of a Azure function, and the cloud script that uses a web hook to discord.

Can provide more info as needed

Title Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

The discord call webbook is being called and working ~Nothing shows on the side of azure functions as failed or successful

Since the discord call webhook is working, so the Rule should be triggered successfully. And Azure Functions side should not show nothing. You may refer to Debugging CloudScript using Azure Functions in the Azure portal - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn to check the Log Stream in Azure portal to see if the function execute successfully. If nothing is displayed in the Azure Function side, it means that this Azure Function has not been called. Could you check if you entered the correct function URL (Automation > Cloud Script > Register Function) when you previously registered the function in PlayFab?

seems to break during CCU spikes? ~Every time data makes it to the azure function it works.

Do you mean this issue only occurring when "CCU spikes"?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.