question

dividerdev avatar image
dividerdev asked

IAP Unreal Engine 5

Hello, i am trying to implement IAP for UE5 and the Google Play addon. I read the documentation for Unity and tried to applied most of it to UE5, but there are a couple of questions. On the Unity guide when creating the itemin Google Play Console the price is set, and then on the PlayFab side of things the price is also set, but the 2 prices shown in the documentation do not match. So which of the 2 prices does the player end up paying, and which one is visible in the game?

Also there is a ton of code at the beginning of the Unity documentation, i am guessing we can skip this part entirely if we are working with UE5 and have the PlayFab plugin installed and just use the provided nodes that come with it?

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

>> On the Unity guide when creating the item in Google Play Console the price is set, and then on the PlayFab side of things the price is also set, but the 2 prices shown in the documentation do not match. So which of the 2 prices does the player end up paying, and which one is visible in the game?

The price in Google Play Console is used for payment and the price on PlayFab side is used for display to clients, both are set and controlled by you, and they need to set as the same. So, the price that the players end up paying is the price in Google Play Console; the price visible in the game is the price on the PlayFab side.

>> Also, there is a ton of code at the beginning of the Unity documentation, i am guessing we can skip this part entirely if we are working with UE5 and have the PlayFab plugin installed and just use the provided nodes that come with it?

The PlayFab plugin doesn’t fully contain the IAP method that used in the Unity code. PlayFab provides receipt validation for your game, you need to complete purchases with IAP and use the receipt data to validate with PlayFab, once that’s done, PlayFab will add the corresponding item into the player’s inventory. So, regarding doing In-App Purchases in Unreal using Blueprint, please refer to these Unreal docs: How to Use In-App Purchases in Unreal Engine Projects on Android | Unreal Engine 5.3 Documentation Using In-App Purchases in Unreal Engine Projects for Mobile Devices | Unreal Engine 5.3 Documentation

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.