question

faniram243@gmail.com avatar image
faniram243@gmail.com asked

i'm unable to retrieve custom data from inventory (legacy) ?

Hi, i'm planning to migrate to new catalog v2 but i wanted to know about this topic. i created a item in catalogs (legacy) and put a http image link as key/value pair in custom data. in shop, i was able to retrieve the image and able to download and show the image too.

but, when i buy this and the item gets added to inventory (legacy). Now i'm trying to retrieve item but custom data (which contains image representing the item) is not getting returned. how to solve this ? thanks for answers

sdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Custom data on a catalog item and Custom data in an inventory item instance is different. The former is global data, which exists only in the catalog. But it is not copied to instances when they are created. The latter is unique to the single item instance, and it can be set via UpdateUserInventoryItemCustomData or GrantItemsToUsers.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.