question

Gabriel avatar image
Gabriel asked

Help with best option to reduce price

I have a doubt related to which of the two options I thought would be the most economical in relation to the price of playfab. I'm using PlayerData(Title)

I have a project where teachers can create questions, then organize them into activities and leave them online for students to do.

I need to save all the questions separately, so it's a lot of small data that the teacher will be able to search in the client side for specific tags for questions like, math, year 1, arithmetic, etc etc, and then edit.

To avoid unnecessary calls and charges I thought of two alternatives but I don't know exactly which one would be cheaper to edit/save using PlayFabClientAPI.UpdateUserData()

1- Each question will be a new date in the user. We are thinking of each user on average having 300 to 500 questions so it would be 300=500 key=value saved. But if I wanted to edit the question "Adding apples", I just needed to update the key=value "Adding apples". Pros: Questions are very light data

Cons: Having to call 300 different keys at login to save in the client for the search function client side.

2- Separate by groups such as Math, Language etc. pro: a- I only need to call 10~15 keys at login to get all the variables for the search system.

cons: a- Every time I edit one of the 300 questions, I have to save the whole group again, generating heavier calls.

Sorry if I've misunderstood everything. But I don't know which is more expensive. Calling the 300 keys every login, or using a radical example, having a key with the 300 questions data, but having to update it every time a question is changed.

Player Dataunity3dpricing
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

As this documentation: Pricing Meters - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn says, data reads, writes, and storage are billed as part of Profile metered service. And, for the price of the Profile metered service, you can refer to Pricing (playfab.com). Also, you may refer to PlayFab Consumption Best Practices - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn to know how to calculate the service usage of User Data. In addition, the value of Player Data has a size of 300,000 bytes limit. For more PlayerData limit info, you can navigate to [Game Manager]->[Title Settings]->[Limits].

For your case, you may need to decide which scheme to use based on your actual read and write volumes.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.