question

lyonbeckers avatar image
lyonbeckers asked

Player Segment Entered functions not firing

I have a Player Segment configured with a few Execute Azure Function actions assigned to it for when players enter the segment. I can see that the functions are not firing when players enter the segment, is there any kind of limitation on the Execute Azure Function actions that I might not be aware of? It is working on a segment that is meant to fire just one function action, but not on the segments which have multiple.

CloudScriptPlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

You may check the “Publish results as PlayStream Event” option in each Segment Action, then check the DataExplorer to see if the AzureFuntions execute successfully.

If the Function execution fails, it may block the rest of the Execute Azure Function Actions, in which case you may need to debug your function to correct your code. If there is only one successful event, could you please provide you Title Id for us to investigate.

Also, since you’re executing the same Function four times to grant items to user, you may put the items together into a Json array, then execute the GrantReward function once.

In addition, please remember that the segments perform the actions based on the data changes, while the data “First login time” is static which means it never changes after player first log in, so these players who First Login before the segment be created won’t trigger the action, only newly created players will trigger your segment action.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Could you please share the screen shot of the Segment’s configuration for us to research?

3 comments
10 |1200

lyonbeckers avatar image lyonbeckers commented ·

Thanks for looking into it! I'll attach screenshots of the configuration, as well as a graph which shows the EventData.TriggeringSegmentMemeberChange.SegmentId event, leading me to believe the enter event is actually not happening for the segment in question (1CC8CF947221C5A8). Interestingly, a single new user was able to trigger the event yesterday, but I can see from my logs that only the first azure function was triggered.

I've been making subsequent attempts by changing the data range to remove users from the segment, and then changing them back to add them back in. I believe this has worked for me before, but I could be misremembering.

0 Likes 0 ·
lyonbeckers avatar image lyonbeckers lyonbeckers commented ·

6225-screenshot-2023-08-03-102628.png6232-screenshot-2023-08-03-102710.png

0 Likes 0 ·
lyonbeckers avatar image lyonbeckers lyonbeckers commented ·

6233-screenshot-2023-08-03-101014.png

Sorry, it wasn't letting me post the images and the text together for some reason, so I've split it up

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.