question

acorbeil avatar image
acorbeil asked

Password Requirements when registering

I wanted to know what were the Password requirements when registering a new player on Playfab.

I was doing some test registerations and noticed that if my password is less than 4 characters without mixed alphanumericals, I got an Invalid Input Parameters error.

That's perfectly fine, but I wanted to see if the password requirements could be changed from the dev dashboard, but I couldn't find the option.

If that's not something I can modify, then I would like to know what the official password requirements are so I could communicate that to my players.

If there are no specific password requirements, then what would be causing the invalid input error? Since it seems to work fine if I just give it a regular password with the same other information.

Thanks!

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The requirements for player passwords are as shown in the documentation (ex: https://api.playfab.com/documentation/client/method/RegisterPlayFabUser). Right now (Sept 2017), it's any string of at least three characters.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.