question

Stefan Jaworski avatar image
Stefan Jaworski asked

Lobby Custom Data

Hi,

I'm trying to find out if a player (not necessarily the owner) belonging to a lobby can send asynchronous messages to all other players using the lobby C++ SDK. I don't see any obvious functions that could achieve this.

I am aware that custom data can be set as part of the lobby configuration and then read by each client of the lobby, but I need to be able to send arbitrary data that can then be handled using custom event handlers on each client.

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

The lobby C++ SDK does not provide the function that allows lobby’s member to send asynchronous messages to all other players. And the “custom data” you mentioned looks like Custom member properties. In custom member properties, each member can modify their own member properties and they can see every other members' properties. But the properties are maps of key-value pairs, it does not allow you to send arbitrary data. The PlayFab Party enable chat at any time and send data messages, you may use it to implement the function.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.