question

aykut avatar image
aykut asked

How is it that there are so many PlayStream Events happening?

6017-image.png

We're an indie studio, in the month of june, as two people, we've played the game under 10 minutes. And it generated 6.89K events, how can it be this much? We only use custom id login and matchmaking features and nothing else. We only open the servers when playing it and close them otherwise/

I have checked here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/api-references/events/ And I couldn't spot some specific events that would cause this much events. If only 2 people playing the game under 10 minutes, creates events close to 7k, that 500 million number for the premium plan is a total joke.

Please can someone help me better under the situation? Thanks.

PlayStream
image.png (3.5 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

You can download a daily CSV file on the billing summary page to check the daily usage of PlaySteam Events. Based on this info, you can then use Data Explorer - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn to find events where the count or size are not as expected, and see what could be the cause. Please note that events are metered in 1 KB blocks against average event size, refer to Events Meters.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.