question

adamhomolya avatar image
adamhomolya asked

Please document Content Type on custom build upload...,Please document Content-Type on custom build upload....

Hi folks...

A ran into a problem recently with uploading custom game servers through the playfab web API, and it took me several hours to figure out what's wrong. I'm not the first with this one, I've found 4-5 posts here about the issue. The problem was that I kept getting SignatureDoesNotMatch from S3 for the presigned URL that GetServerBuildUploadUrl returned. It turned out that the problem was the content type, and only application/x-zip-compressed is accepted (neither g-zip or octet-stream etc.). So I would suggest putting this in the docs ASAP, because it's never mentioned...

Cheers

Custom Game Serversdocumentation
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks - we'll get that added to the tutorial on custom game servers. You can also upload your builds via the Game Manager, in which case you don't have to mess with any of the API calls for that part of the process. Understood that it's probably just a step in your build process, though.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.