question

fiercy avatar image
fiercy asked

GetGameList photon implementation

photonwebhooks
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fiercy avatar image fiercy commented ·

I have no idea how it created a question without a question... but here it is.

I have 0 experience with any web hooks or java and all I want is to get save/load functionality like the memory game example from photon. I have read various topics here about this on this forum and there was a link to github with cloudscript that included that GetGameList functionality but if I plug that in it doesn't work is there an updated version of that?

I have seen no recent posts about this.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Well, GetGameList is a Photon feature, so you'd need to talk to the Photon folks about that directly (they have a few discussions on it in their forums, here: http://forum.photonengine.com). I believe the GitHub project you're referring to is this one (https://github.com/JohnTube/MemoryDemoCloudScript), correct? @Hamza Lazaar may have an update to that. What that project shows is the recommended approach - updating a shared group that is only for use by the few players in the session (shared groups are for sharing data among a small number of players), and updating it on each of the Room calls from Photon (like RoomPropertyUpdated). I'll also file a work item for the tools team to investigate bringing Hamza's example over to be a supported sample.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hamza Lazaar avatar image
Hamza Lazaar answered

Hi @fiercy,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

As @Brendan mentioned I did that demo a while ago. I did not completely finish it for many reasons...

I'm here to answer your questions if any. Like why it does not work for you?

I recommend using TypeScript for CloudScript.

I will try (with enough time and motivation) to provide the TypeScript definitions (interfaces) I use myself for Photon webhooks/webRPC.

Hopefully we can resurrect that repo and update it.

3 comments
10 |1200

fiercy avatar image fiercy commented ·

My problem is that I have 0 java script coding experience and I don't know what I am doing most of the time so I am afraid I can't really write something of my own based on that example.

I just want to be able to do a simple thing when player leaves I want the room name and properties to be saved and part of the get game list. Kinda like you have in memory game sandbox example I think. Is it possible for you to walk me through how can I do that?

I also surprised there are so little tutorials on how to do a cloud script like for example how can I do an event that sends playfab Id to the cloud script from unity and then subtracts or adds values based on that.

Also, I went through the tutorial on how to set up typescript and I got nothing on how to actually set it up...

0 Likes 0 ·
Hamza Lazaar avatar image Hamza Lazaar fiercy commented ·

I think you can learn TypeScript or JavaScript while working on CloudScript.

The way I see it, if others made it you can make it.

I can help by answering concrete questions.

0 Likes 0 ·
fiercy avatar image fiercy Hamza Lazaar commented ·

Concrete question:

What are the steps required from me to get the get game list functionality working? Is it possible to have a simple example of a cloud script that does just that.

I just want to have the same functionality I had when I used the example web hooks that photon provided.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.