question

paulcmoi51 avatar image
paulcmoi51 asked

Issue with delayed execution

Hey,

(My title ID : 4697)

I have a strange and simple issue about task execution.

The tasks are executed exactly 5 min afterwards.

I can handle this issue by set the task run 5 min before, but i don't really like hard code and it can change in a new version of Playfab.

Does anyone have this issue ?

tasksscheduled tasks
5minago.png (4.5 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 answered

Looking at your title now, it seems that your tasks have run as expected.

You can probably expect a small amount of variance (+/- a minute) in the execution time for scheduled tasks.

It's also likely your local clock is different from our server clock, and the intended timestamp may be 5 minutes in the past measured by your computer, and still not yet ready according to our server.

I'm double checking that last statement and I'll let you know when I have confirmation.

tasks.png (6.2 KiB)
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1807605288 avatar image 1807605288 ♦ commented ·

In your case, we think the issue comes from you actively changing/testing the scheduled time.

The tasks will execute as expected, and under normal circumstances, those display times will display as expected.

The time-calculation can display unexpected answers immediately after changing the scheduled time (as seen in your screenshot), but will correct itself pretty quickly, once the task runs again (as you see in mine).

1 Like 1 ·
paulcmoi51 avatar image paulcmoi51 commented ·

Additional informations :

As @Paul Gilmore said, the issue comes from lots of changes in a short time.

After the first run, it seems to work as plan.

Don't be afraid, if the task don't run, just wait for the next one.

As the tasks can only run at least every hour, I would recommend to run tasks by hand at beginning and when it seems to be stable, let the tasks run every hours automatically and check it after few hours.

Thanks for the answer @Paul Gilmore

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.