question

ignat-nee avatar image
ignat-nee asked

Player missing friends issue after creating second project

Greetings.
I'm had a playfab project with several users. After i've create second project, and when i'm create user with same name in a second project, friends list are clearing in both project.

I'm understood maybe it's a partial case in my projects, but is there any possibility that it's bug is represented in other users projects?

Thanks for understanding.

Friends
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sorry, but can you describe your repro steps in detail, specifying what API calls you're making, or what changes you're making in the game manager? The only way users would be removed from the PlayFab-defined friends list for a player would be if you called RemoveFriend, specifying that you want to remove the friend. Now, if you have multiple titles defined in the same studio, it is the case that they (by default - we can change this for titles if needed on a case-by-case basis) share a Publisher ID. The core of the player accounts live at the publisher level - that's where you have their linked account types and friends lists, for example. That way, you have consistent sign-in for players across all your games. So, if you have added people to a friends list for a player, you're doing that across all games - and the same is true for removing the friend.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.