question

larilof avatar image
larilof asked

What is the Java Combo-sdk?

The github repository contains jar files for client-sdk, server-sdk and combo-sdk. What is combo-sdk? And which sdk covers Matchmaker API and Admin API?

apissdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 answered

Client is intended to be used by your game client, and is always safe to distribute to your players.

Server is intended to be used by game servers, or matchmake servers. It contains neither the Admin API nor the Client API.

Combo is everything. It's intended to be used in special cases (probably yours), and for title utility tools, usually for automation or conversion.

We do NOT encourage developers to publish the Server or Combo SDK to their players. The key point of vulnerability is the devSecretKey. If you publish to a player with a devSecretKey set, your title is compromised.

In your case, you say you need Admin and Matchmaker, which means Combo is your choice.

As a side note: Please explain why you need both the Admin and the Matchmaker APIs? It's our intent that each API is "whole", and shouldn't require mix-and-match if we can help it. We need customer feedback like yours to accomplish this goal.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

larilof avatar image larilof commented ·

Many thanks for your explanation. I'm making myself familiar with the SDKs, which was the reason for my question. I don't (yet) have a need for the Admin and Matchmaker SDKs.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.