question

Ben avatar image
Ben asked

Can I benchmark my game server performance on playfab?

We are trying to determine what to set the "Max instances per host" on our servers to be, so we need to do some benchmarking. Is there a way to monitor the performance stats of the server while we test?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We previously had an integration with New Relic that allowed for this, but unfortunately they made a breaking change as part of their change to their pricing model which prevents it from working. We have a backlog item to update that, but the overwhelming feedback we've had is that developers aren't interested in it, since their new pricing model isn't acceptable. So I'm afraid it's not something we've scheduled work on.

The best thing to do right now is to log your perf metrics during testing, and then download the log file from our S3 when the session is done, so that you can review CPU/memory/disk usage and determine what you need. We'll be providing more ways to both monitor and debug servers in a future update.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.